Moogerfooger Analog Delay

Guitar and bass FX discussion

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

Octavarius
Mark IV

Moogerfooger Analog Delay

Post by Octavarius » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, I know it's an odd question, considering that obviously very few guitarists are willing to pay that much for a delay pedal, but if there's anyone on this board who has some experience with these, I'd greatly appreciate some input!

Reason I'm asking is because lately I've been looking for a really good analog delay, as I really like the sound of analog, and this one seems to be one of the best you can get. And, since I know a guy at the local dealer shop very well, I have an opportunity to get one at an extremely good price (around the price of a EH Deluxe Memory Man!). Of course, I live in Norway, so obviously the pricing is a "little" different, but it's almost the same in comparison. But there aren't really that many reviews of it online from a guitarist's viewpoint, so I was wondering if anyone here had some experience they'd like to share?

DeFrag
Mark III

Re: Moogerfooger Analog Delay

Post by DeFrag » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 am

Ain't much to say except that I have one, its the best available, & I wouldn't consider another. I like that I can plugin my expression pedal(s) to adjust the parameters on the fly without reaching down.

A perfect companion would be a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo machine.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

Octavarius
Mark IV

Post by Octavarius » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 am

I'm just considering it's value vs. other analog delays on the market made more spesifically for guitar (this seems somewhat more from the keyboard/synth world, with CV control and external loop), like the Diamond Memory Lane 2, for instance. It costs less and yet look at the features you get! They're impossible to come by here, though, I'm afraid, but I'm still a little unsetteled because of the fact that it probably might be so costly just because of the "Moog reputation"... I mean, analog is analog, right? Once you have quality BBD chips in there, I doubt one could really tell that much difference practically between something like this and the Memory Lane, for instance.. I dunno. Just looking for some outside opinions really.

DeFrag
Mark III

Post by DeFrag » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 am

The MXR Carbon Copy is too distorted from what I read.

If the MF-104Z is too expensive, try the
Diamond Memory Lane 2, VOX Time Machine, or the T-REX Reptile.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

Octavarius
Mark IV

Post by Octavarius » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Well, I just received an email from the Diamond distributor here in Norway and they informed me that the Memory Lane 2's are now out of production, in addition to that the distributor is out of stock. So no more Memory Lanes, unfortunately.. so I just went to the shop and bought the Moog. Spent some time with it and the lonestar and I like it! :D Just what I was looking for, and as mentioned, I got it at about the half of its original selling price here. :D

Thanks for the help, though!